The Importance of Floor Mats
Floor mats are important for many reasons including image, safety, protection, and health.
- 91% of shoppers select a store because of its appearance (Progressive Grocer).
- When asked, “What’s the first thing you look at when judging cleanliness?” the most popular first response of consumers was “Floors” (42%) (CDI Research 1991).
- Average cost to defend slip/fall lawsuit $50,000 (NFSI).
- 28% of workers miss 31 days or more from same-level slips, trips, and falls (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Without entrance matting, 1,500 people can remove 42% of the finish from a floor (3M).
- 80% of the dust, dirt, and grime in a public building is “tracked in” from the outside (Institute of Industrial Laundries).
- About 10 percent of Americans are allergic to some component of dust (Dr. Robert Pumbhrey, Washington D.C.).
- A major source of indoor air pollutants is street dust, carried in on shoes and captured in carpeting (“The Indoor Clean Air Quality Challenge”, Spray Technology Magazine).
- American businesses are spending upwards of $100 billion a year as a result of lost worker productivity due to poor indoor air quality and “Sick Building Syndrome” (Consumer Federal of America).
The best way to keep dirt and moisture from being tracked into your facilities is to use a dual-mat system at every entranceway: an Outdoor Mat to scrape shoes clean and an Indoor Mat to wipe shoes dry.
Popular Mats – Guardian Mats
Now that you know why mats are needed and that a dual-mat system is the best option, here are some of the leading mats that we would recommend:
Prestige Logo Mats
Please note: Special Order mats from Guardian Floor Protection have an estimated lead time of 15-20 business days.
Mat Care Instructions
Keep dirt & moisture from being tracked into your facilities by using a dual-mat system at every entranceway, keeping your building safe and clean!