No matter when you are reading this post, it is never too late to Spring Clean! Call it summer clean if you need to, but really it just means a fresh start. We’ve got some expert tips to help you get started with your office spring clean:
- Tackle the piles of paper first. You can’t actually clean your desk if it’s covered in papers.
- Catch up on your filing. Once you recycle the paperwork you no longer need, make sure to utilize a filing system to store the papers you need to keep.
- Clean the spaces you’ve forgotten about all year! A fresh start includes making sure EVERYTHING is clean. This includes the places you normally don’t think about—tops of cubicles, behind your computer, the crumbs lodged in your keyboard, your filing cabinets.
- Disinfect all the high-touch areas. You might want to do this one more than just during spring cleaning. High-touch areas include phone, keyboard, headsets, desktops, as well as doorknobs and handles.
- Spring clean your air too! Did you know that indoor air is 5x dirtier than outdoor air? YIKES! If you don’t already have an air purifier, what are you waiting for? If you do already have one, now is a good time to check the filter and swap it out if needed.
Our Top Spring-Cleaning
Not sure what supplies you need to get started? Here are a few of our top choices.
Looking for a dispensing system for your small office or anywhere the occupants are cleaning themselves? TruShot 2.0 from SC Johnson is the way to go. It has an easy-to-use system that requires no mixing or measuring AND can be filled at any water source.
Decorative Bankers Boxes
If you need to utilize storage boxes, at least make them decorative. Stylish with the heavy-duty strongness you love about Banker Boxes. These fit both legal and letter files. Quick and easy to assemble and easily stackable.
This purifier has four-stage hospital-type filtration that effectively cleans small spaces. The Aeramax line detects air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air purified. True HEPA filter safely removes 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, including allergens, viruses, and cigarette smoke.
Purell Surface Disinfectant
This product is fantastic! It is a one-step disinfectant and sanitizer that kills 99.9 percent of viruses and bacteria – including cold and flu, strep, norovirus, Listeria, MRSA, VRE, and human coronavirus. Can be used on both hard and soft surfaces AND can be used on food-contact surfaces with no rinse required. Perfect for the office and the breakroom!
Ready to get started with your cleaning?
Don’t have a Sundance account yet?